1653 Plunkett St.
Hollywood, Florida 33020
Everglades Birding Festival
January 15-19, 2015
The information below is regarding the 2014 Festival
BECOME ONE WITH THE RIVER OF GRASS
Journey through south Florida searching for an array of beautiful and rare birds in ancient moss-covered cypress swamps, everglades prairies that join the sky, and brilliant marshes that sparkle with flashes of roseate wings. Scan across the tips of sawgrass searching for hovering Snail kites and hear the squeal of the Limpkin.
Snail Kite * Limpkin * Wood Stork * Painted Bunting * Parrots * Roseate Spoonbill * Short-tailed Hawk * Purple Gallinule * Peregrine Falcon * Common Myna * Crested Caracara * Burrowing Owl * Red-whiskered Bulbul * Prairie Warblers * Smooth-billed ani * Short-eared Owl * Brown-headed Nuthatch * Reddish Egret * Cuban Yellow Warbler
FIELD WORKSHOPS: Advanced Birding Skills, Habitat, Bird by Ear, Behavior, Field Techniques
EXPERT GUIDES: PADDY CUNNINGHAM - BIRDING ADVENTURES, DAVID SIMPSON - BIRDING with DAVID SIMPSON, JIM EAGER
SPONSORED BY BIRDING ADVENTURES
PADDY CUNNINGHAM - Coordinator
1653 Plunkett St., Hollywood, FL 33020
** A little about Paddy **
Festival Site - La Quinta Hotel
8101 Peters Rd., Plantation, Fl. 33324 • (954) 476-6047
2014 FLYER ••• 2014 REGISTRATION FORM
Everglades Birding Festival Schedule - January, 2014
"It was a lot of fun and rewarding to see some of the life birds on my list" Susan Frank, CA.
- Increase your skills and knowledge as expert guides encourage your participation and you learn the i.d.
- Daily mini-workshops that are demonstrated in the field and include printed materials to reinforce newly learned skills.
- Gain birding skills that facilitate intermediate and beginning birders to learn in a non-intimidating environment.
- An intense excitement of finding new birds with a sense of shared joy with fellow birders
- Meet TOP BIRDING EXPERTS and birders from across the country and have lots of fun.
"We want to thank you so much for the wonderful birding adventure this week. It couldn't of been better" Clair and Linda Haakensen, NM.
"Fantastic Adventure" Nancy Russo, FL.
SPACE COAST BIRDING FESTIVAL
For those going on to the Space Coast Birding & Wildlife Festival — January 22 - 27, 2014,
I can recommend places to bird in Florida.
Everglades National Park
An independent website
Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary
An education website
Loxahatchee National Wildlife Refuge
Friends of the Arthur R. Marshall Loxahatchee N.W.R.
Big Cypress National Park
Updated February 27, 2014